January 2, 2019

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it Work?



Growing up i’ve always been so self-conscious about my teeth, between having a gap comparable to Michael Strahan, wearing braces for 6 years and then Invisalign’s for a year as an adult I finally had straight teeth. Then, my next focus was whitening them. After years of staining from coffee, wine and even braces, I wanted a fresh start and a bright white smile. I’ve tried Crest Whitening strips multiple times, the at home concoction of baking soda and peroxide, and finally a gel from glo science. For the most part, I saw a very small difference with each of these things, I’d get a slightly whiter smile, but my stains were still there and my teeth seemed to go right back to the way they were before.


I even considered getting my teeth professionally whitened to finally achieve the glowing smile I wanted but cost and tooth sensitivity kept holding me back. Somehow, at perfect timing Smile Brilliant read my mind and reached out to collaborate and needless to say, I was so excited!


Here’s a little background info on Smile Brilliant:
Smile Brilliant is an at home teeth whitening method that uses custom trays to ensure every angle of the tooth receives and even and consistent amount of whitening coverage from their professional whitening gel.


First Step: Impressions
My whitening kit came so quickly, and I couldn’t wait to get started. The package includes 2 impression trays along with 3 sets of base and catalyst material just in case you need to re-do one of your impressions. I brushed my teeth, mixed the catalyst and base material together, then placed the material on the impression trays and slowly pressed the material and trays over my top teeth to make my first mold. I repeated the same steps for my bottom molds as well. After having a bad experience with making at home impressions I was nervous as to how these would come out but Smile Brilliant’s impression process was so easy and they thoroughly explained step by step to ensure you receive the results you need to move forward with the process. I mailed my impressions back to the lab and within a week I received my trays that perfectly wrapped around my teeth! I was truly impressed with how easy this was!


Second Step: Whiten
The impression trays came with a whitening gel and a desensitizing gel to put on your teeth after you’re done whitening for the night. The desensitizing gel helps to combat tooth sensitivity during this process which I was so thankful for! Each night for about 7 days I whitened my teeth for 20-30 mins by placing the whitening gel in the trays and then once the time passed I brushed my teeth, desensitized for another 20 mins and went to bed.


The Results:
After about 3-4 days I started noticing my stains were slowly disappearing and my teeth were literally glowing white. Because my teeth are sensitive I took a day break in between sessions and used the desensitizing gel a little longer which in turn helped so much! I was never in any sort of pain and hot and cold foods did not bother me. I’ve never experienced such great results from an at home whitening process. Better yet, I barely used one syringe out of the 3 provided. I have plenty of leftover gel needed for when my teeth need whitening again and I can always purchase more on their site! Overall, I am so happy with the outcome Smile Brilliant has provided and friends and family are now starting to comment on how bright my teeth are!



GIVEAWAY
Not only do I get to experience this awesome at home whitening kit, one of you will too! I've teamed up with smile brilliant to give one lucky winner their very own kit (valued at $149). To enter this giveaway head to this link: www.smilebrilliant.com/g/victoriaarost

I need a-least 25 people to enter, so if you're on the fence enter anyway! It could be you winning the kit! If you'd like to just place your order now, I have a 15% off discount code for you to use as well :) 
Use: victoriaarost15 to get your discount!







2 comments:

  1. Your teeth look stunning. How long did it take to be like pearls?


    Ceramic Braces Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  2. A professional understands the art of cleaning and whitewashing the teeth and has immense experience that's why you must prefer a professional for your teeth whitening. What do you say about that?


    Braces Littleton

    ReplyDelete