January 7, 2019

How to Combat Dry, Itchy, Skin This Winter: SUGAR SCRUB

Just like your wardrobe, your skincare routine needs to change to combat the elements of each season. While we can’t change the dry and chilly winter weather, we can adjust the way we combat that itchy winter skin that comes along with it! It’s hard to navigate skincare, so i’ve done some research and found my favorite products to keep my skin moisturized, healthy and happy this winter. I am no expert in skin care but I wanted to share a few products below that are helping me the most!



Body Skin Care: 

I stumbled upon this scrub a few weeks ago in Target and I am SO glad I decided to give it a try. The blend of raw sugar & cold pressed enzyme-rich fruit oils gently exfoliates your skin, leaving you with a sweet scent, a glow and a soft layer of moisture. Your body is immediately hydrated as soon as you step out of the shower!  My skin is noticeable more radiant, soft and scented after use, and needless to say, i’m already on my second bottle! If there are any girls out there that use self tanner during the winter so you don’t blend in with the walls, like me :) this is perfect to apply beforehand!  I use this scrub before I apply my tanner at night. It removes any excess dead skin and leftover tanner from previously and the layer of moisture it leaves behind helps the tan stick around a little longer. 


Products for the Face:

Step 1: The skin on your face is the most delicate and is constantly exposed to harsh winter weather, which is why I start with a gentle face wash that won’t completely strip my skin of moisture but will do its job to get my makeup off from the day. I use Cetaphil Face Wash  and Garnier Micellar Water to remove the makeup. 

Tip: Avoid foam cleansers, as they tend to dry out your skin. 

Once winter hits I am constantly battling with irritated, red, sensitive skin, anyone else? I’ve struggled with it for years until I came across Dr. Jart’s Cicapair line. The Tiger Grass serum has become a staple in my skincare routine, it soothes redness and literally took sensitivity away. The serum doesn’t leave you feeling greasy and is perfect to layer under your moisturizer before bed. 

Step 3: First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration
This creamy, thick moisturizer is safe to use on your entire body but I usually apply a generous layer to my face and neck before bed. It sinks into my skin without leaving me  greasy or feeling like there’s a thick layer of products on my face, and I wake up with smooth hydrated skin every morning. I buy the travel size for just $12 and it will last me a month, a little goes a long way!

I use this mask every Sunday before I start the week or when I feel like my skin needs immediate moisture. This overnight mask is filled with antioxidants, is paraben free, drenches your skin with hydration and leaves you with a spa-like glow. I’ve never had a product bring immediate moisture or make flaky dry skin disappear overnight, yet this product does both! This is my go-to face mask to combat dry & itchy skin or when my skin looks like it needs a little lift! 



I hope my tips help! If you decide to use any of the products i’ve mentioned above, tag me and let me know! 

Tori :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment